- Updated timeline / “Now” marker
- Updated Solar System view (most zoomed out)
- Updated math for smoother scaling
- Overhauled curve plotting and timeline geometry
- Updated widgets: Planet labels in large widget, layout updates
- Bugfixes and updates to 3d scene geometry
- ✨ Stars ✨ in the timeline
- New display options:
- Show stars and planets in the daytime
- Show/hide stars
- Updated first run screen and tutorial.
- Layout and control refinement, bug fixes, and performance improvements
- Suntime Complete is now Suntime Deluxe. Fancy.
- Added display option: Show solar and lunar altitude
- Added display option: Reverse East/West heading indicators
- Fixed gaps in widget Sun and Moon paths
Suntime is now free to download with features enabled by a one-time in-app purchase.
Existing users already have Suntime Complete and should have all features enabled automatically.
- Added a medium widget! Device restart may be needed to add it.
- Updated tutorial, main settings menu, and FAQ layout.
We’ve added 2 iOS 14 widgets, and updated the notes interface
- Added a small widget for upcoming events
- Added a large planisphere widget
- Redesigned notes interface, added a date picker
- Bugfixes, added time of greatest eclipse to tooltips
- Long-press to create note removed. Added + note button.
- Removed scale button, zoom slider auto shows/hides.
- Added alarms for eclipses and solar midnight.
- Reduced swipe inertia.
- Fixed alarm notifications bugs with manual location / timezone settings.
- Improved controls - faster and more accurate swiping
- Added setting option to disable haptic feedback
- Refreshed appearance of heliocentric view
- Updated app icon
- Fixed location/notification permission bugs
- Real stars and planets in the 3d view!
- Changed look of twilight events - toggle them in the display settings
- More accurate Moon face angle
- Fixed DST bugs
- Added planets to the timeline view! Toggle them in the display settings
- Changed the look of 3d star rotation
- Refinements to zoom and note UX
- Updated / simplified tutorial
- Snappier event and note selection
- Fancier am/pm typography
- Fixing various layout and alpha blending bugs
- Update credits, added Instagram link
- Added twilight and magic hour events and alarms
- New app icon
- Animated Moon’s parallactic angle
- Added solar midnight event
- Added daylength to sunrise tooltip
- Updated FAQ, settings
- Bug fixes: DST, keyboard, and layout
- Major app performance updates
- Now supporting landscape mode on iPad!
- Tap on events for contextual options and information like Moon phase, illumination, and magnitude
- Tap the share button to create and send event cards
- Better note filtering UX
- Updated FAQ
- New features in Settings:
- Azimuth heading option
- Time zone override option
- Vertical swipe to zoom option
- User feedback survey
- Added a “What’s New” page
- Added a list of up to 5 “Recent Searches” in location settings for quick access
- Copy updates, rise/transit/set times now rounded to the nearest minute
- UI tweaks, bugfixes, and performance improvements
- More accurate Sun/Moon ephemeris math
- Added user review prompt
- Added vertical swipe to time travel
- Bugfixes for 3d scene memory usage
- New launch screen logo
- Refine note UX - better tapping, layout
- Improved curve drawing performance
- Added solar system view!
- Added blinking “Now” eye
- Added scale button and slider
- Updated tutorial, now more “video game like”
- Fixed label opacity, layout bugs
- Fixed issues with clock advancing more than 1 second at a time
- Refinements to alarm list in settings
- Added an alarm option to notes - you can now add a chime to your upcoming notes!
- Added alarms for moon phases, solstices, and equinoxes
- Added first and last quarter moon phase
- New day and night gradient backgrounds
- Filter notes by color or keyword - tap the magnifying glass to sort through your notes
- Updated note panning UX
- Fancy label alpha blending during zoom
- Fixed issue where the tutorial wasn’t working for some users
- Saner alarm defaults (fewer enabled on first run)
- Updated alarm settings page
- Major improvements to sun/moon coordinate geometry
- Revised help page, tutorial guidance
- Fluffier clouds, mysterious lights in the sky
- Improved first-run workflow
- Haptic clicks (for iPhones 7+)
- Refined swipe-to-zoom so it doesn’t bounce you out of the 3D scene
- Sun and moon direction headings
- Updated fonts and colors
- Fancier curves around things
- Note text formatting, gestures, layout
- Fixed time and timezone location updates
- Fixed inconsistent labeling in location settings
- Tweak atmosphere for better sun appearance in 3d
- Revisions to sun geometry around the equator
- Notes: long-press to create editable notes
- Using much more accurate sun/moon ephemeris calculations
- Eclipses: added as events in both 2d and 3d with visibility from current location
- Added credits page
- Fixed up label spacing issues
- Better alarm sound effects
- Improved location settings UX
- Removed Zodiac months option